COVID 19 Dental Safety Plan
Dear Encore Dental Patients and Family,
We are excited to welcome our patients back to Encore Dental! While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. We follow infection prevention and control guidelines following the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia (CDSBC), BC Center for Disease (CDC), and Work Safe BC so you can receive safe and comfortable care.
We have taken the following measures to ensure our dental office is safe for everyone.
COVID 19 Dental Safety Plan Details
- COVID-19 Screening: Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again in the office.
- Digital Forms: We will be sending you consent forms via email. Please fill out all the necessary consent forms before the appointment to reduce the handling of paper in the clinic.
- Limiting the number of people in the clinic: Please come to the dental clinic alone.
- Mask: The patients and admin staff are no longer required to wear masks.
- Scheduling: Please be on time for your appointment. We have strategically scheduled appointments to reduce the number of people in the clinic.
- Check-in: We ask you to call or text us when you get to the clinic. We will let you know if you can come into the office. We are doing this to limit the number of people in the waiting room.
- Temperature Check: Temperature checks are no longer required.
- Hand Sanitization: We have hand sanitizers that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will find some in the reception area and throughout the clinic.
- Waiting room: We have installed a plexiglass barrier for the reception area. We removed all magazines, toys, coffee, and other refreshments as these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Contact Free Payment: We installed a contact-free payment system called PerkHero. We invite you to download the app before coming to the appointment.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): The clinical staff no longer wears face shields and gowns. However, the clinical staff will continue to wear masks.
- Sterilization and Disinfection: Thorough and frequent disinfection and sterilization before and after each appointment
- Staff Screening: All dentists and staff are screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Telehealth Consultation: Ask for a telehealth consultation if you do not feel comfortable coming into the clinic.
We are looking forward to being there for you in person again. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
COVID IPAC Guidelines
Team Encore Dental