Policies and Procedures
Insurance Policy

Know your dental insurance policy.
It is not always possible for us to find all the information concerning your insurance plan since insurance companies are not obligated to disclose any or all data to us under the privacy act. Therefore, we recommend that patients verify their coverage with their insurance company and bring their dental coverage booklet to their first appointment.

Insured patients are encouraged to provide us with the following information about their insurance policy.  If in doubt, always ask the insurance company.

Information required:

  1. Name of the insurance carrier
  2. Policy number, certificate number (ID), and division number (if any)
  3. The anniversary date of the policy, for example, is it January 1st  or rolling calendar year
  4. The annual maximum benefit per patient per year
  5. Their insurance policy covers the yearly fee guide, for example, 2013, 2014, or current.
  6. Percentage of coverage allowed for diagnostic, preventative, restorative, endodontic, periodontal services and all other primary treatments, such as crowns, bridges, and dentures
  7. The per person and family annual deductible amount
  8. The number of scaling/cleaning units covered per year and frequency etc.

Please remember that your dental plan is a contract between yourself and your insurance company.

Encore Dental will assist you by completing your dental claim form and submitting it to your dental plan provider for reimbursement that will go straight to you. If you would like to deal with your insurance directly, you will be responsible for paying the total cost of treatment when it is provided.


Payment is required at the time of service.  We accept cash, debit, Visa, and MasterCard.  Once you provide us with your insurance benefit details, we will process the claims on your behalf.  If applicable, you are responsible for the co-payment; for example, if your benefits pay 80% of treatment, you will have to pay for the remaining 20% on the service date. “Your dentist or dental specialist has a legal and ethical  obligation to collect the co-payment from you.” For more information, please visit the British Columbia Dental Association website.

Zero Tolerance Policy

Violence and verbal abuse against Encore Dental staff is a crime. Threatening or violent behavior, which is rare, will not be tolerated in any form whatsoever. The Police will be called, and the patient will be removed from the practice.