Dental crowns are an excellent option for someone who wants to restore their smile and regain confidence. It’s important to feel comfortable when smiling, and dental crowns are an ideal long-term solution to restore your smile. To be precise, a dental crown is a restorative cap used to restore a damaged or lost tooth’s shape, appearance, and function. For example, you may need a dental crown if you have a root canal or a large filling in a tooth. Dental crowns are also called caps and are used as artificial teeth to cover damaged or decayed teeth. The crown protects the tooth from further damage and can also be used cosmetically.
Dental Crowns and Bridges
With crowns and bridges, you can improve your smile’s form, function, and overall look. Dental crowns and bridges are available if you have cracked, damaged, or missing teeth. Because damaged and missing teeth affect more than just your ability to chew, our dentist will work closely with you to match the shape and look of your current smile. Dental crowns and bridges are designed to be undetectable, comfortable, and look and feel like your natural teeth.
More About Dental Crowns
As a result of daily use, your teeth atrophy over time. In other words, your smile loses its once pristine, youthful appearance. If you’re unhappy with your chipped or broken teeth, you may find crowns are your solution. Because crowns are built around the remaining healthy structure and surround your tooth, they allow you to keep and protect your natural tooth. As a result, crowns improve the function of broken teeth and enhance your natural smile. Simply put, crowns protect your damaged teeth and improve your overall look!
Different Types of Crowns
Dental crowns are made from various types of materials. The first step is determining which tooth needs a crown, and then the material is chosen.
- Metal crowns are gold, last long, and won’t chip or break.
- Composite crowns look natural and don’t chip as easily as porcelain crowns, although they tend to wear more quickly from chewing.
- Porcelain crowns look the most natural, are more brittle than metal or composite, and may chip more easily.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns look natural and are more durable than porcelain or composite crowns.
A dental bridge also referred to as a “fixed bridge” or a “fixed dental prosthesis,” is a dental restoration that replaces one or more missing teeth. The dental bridge is affixed to healthy teeth and usually extends across an area with no teeth. Sometimes, the bridge is made of an artificial tooth joined between two crowns. Since the bridge is permanent and cannot be removed, you must have a consultation with your dentist.
Critical Benefits of Crowns and Bridges
- They are custom-designed to fit your look and bite
- All options are durable
- They remove dark gum lines
- All treatments are quick and painless
- They restore natural form and function
- Bridges especially prevent teeth from shifting
- All improve your ability to speak and chew
- All restore your beautiful natural smile