We live in a world where many people are concerned with how they look. This may be a result of the age of social media, where everyone’s appearance is practically at your fingertips. We all want to look our best, and some of us will do anything it takes to get there. From getting injections, to liposuction, to brow lifts, the cosmetic industry is flooded with prospective clients. However, the fastest growing cosmetic field is arguably cosmetic dentistry. People are realizing that no matter what they do to the rest of their body, their teeth still leave a lasting impression on others. Bad teeth can get in the way of business, potential relationships, and may even affect self-esteem. Luckily, the drastic advances of cosmetic dentistry can save you from your teeth! Visit your nearest Port Coquitlam dentist and learn how cosmetic dentistry can enhance your smile!
Here are the 5 most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures:
1. Teeth Whitening: This one comes as no surprise. Yellow teeth don’t do anything for anyone’s appearance unless you’re trying to look like some sort of villain. Teeth whitening is the most common cosmetic dentistry service throughout the world. Even if you don’t have the most perfect, straight teeth in the world, having a shiny white set will always make them look a hundred times better. Teeth whitening is a simple procedure carried out in the same office that you get regular cleanings in. Treatment length ranges from 1-7 days and many treatment options are available. Consult your local cosmetic dentist in Port Coquitlam, BC to start your journey to a brighter smile!
2. Veneers: Veneers are a great way to enhance any smile. Whether you have cracked, broken, poorly spaced teeth, or the surfaces of your teeth need a touch up, veneers are the perfect solution. Porcelain veneers are placed on the front and biting edges of the teeth and provide not only aesthetic value but also protection. The process usually involves removing tooth structure in order to facilitate the placement of the veneer. However, you may be able to get reduction free veneers, which require zero removal. The veneer is either made out of a composite resin material or porcelain.
3. Teeth Straightening: Unfortunately, not everyone is blessed with perfectly straight teeth. Many people wish to straighten their teeth through either the use of braces or other less visible devices. The most popular less visible device is called Invisalign®. Treatment period ranges from 6 months to a year with most devices.
4. Dental Implants: Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth and restore smiles. The implant is secured into the jawbone and then is capped with a crown to simulate a real tooth. The goal of dental implants is to restore biting and chewing sensation while enhancing the aesthetics of the smile. Dental implants can also be used to secure bridges when there is more than one missing tooth. Treatment period ranges from 6-16 weeks depending on your dentist and requires at least two appointments.
5. Composite White Fillings: This one comes as no surprise as well. The number of people with cavities is astonishing. Who wouldn’t want your fillings to blend seamlessly with your teeth and be practically invisible? The fillings are made of a composite material and are coloured specifically to match your natural tooth colour.